A Vision for Supervision
Strengths-based Questions for Reflective Conversations
By: Innovative Resources
Do you supervise others? Or do you receive supervision yourself?
Supervision plays a pivotal role in the professional development of social workers, psychologists, counsellors, managers, health practitioners, life coaches and other human service professionals. At its best, supervision can be a powerful crucible of discovery and learning for both supervisor and practitioner—with the benefits also flowing on to clients.
A Vision for Supervision consists of 40 cards arranged in 5 colour-coded suits:
- Beginning: Establishing a relationship
- Contexting: Identifying our accountability
- Sharpening the Focus: Making each session count
- Widening the Lens: Mapping our professional development
- Ending: Celebrating the journey
There are also 40 key topics such as ‘Hopes and plans’, ‘Present situation’, ‘What worked?’ and ‘Noticing success’, along with 160 strengths-based, reflective questions for building your supervision conversations from start to finish.