Inside I'm Hurting
By: Louise Bomber
Inside I'm Hurting provides educational professionals with a much-needed classroom handbook of new strategies, practical tools and the confidence for supporting these children from an attachment perspective, thus promoting inclusion in the school system.
- how attachment difficulties can affect a child's ability to learn; providing an 'additional attachment figure' in schools
- the benefits and challenges of getting alongside children who have experienced trauma and loss
- transitions during the school day; permanency and constancy; being explicit; regulating arousal levels
- handling conflict
- wondering aloud
- lowering the effects of shame; working with transition from primary to secondary phase
- developing effective home/school partnership (includes a photocopiable initial meeting prompt card)
- providing staff support
- recommendations for future action.