Why Teens Do It And What Parents Can Do To Help
By: Michelle Mitchell
Self-harm is distressing and difficult for parents and caring adults to understand, as it seems to go against every instinct of self-protection and survival.
Author, educator and award winning speaker Michelle Mitchell has over 20 years’ experience working with and supporting children, parents and carers as they navigate this confronting mental health concern.
In this book she combines her experience with the latest research and interviews with experts and families to provide fresh insights into how to prevent, understand and respond to self-harm and digital self-harm.
Michelle answers questions like –
- Why does my child want to hurt themselves?
- What do I say if I suspect self-harm?
- How do I manage my child’s safety?
- How do I take care of siblings and other family members?
- When should I seek support?
This unique resource will provide parents with the facts, practical help and comfort they need.