50 Laminated, Full-Colour Cards plus booklet
By: Innovative Resources
For social workers, counsellors, health professionals, teachers, managers, carers and parents—self-care is critical. Despite our resilience, working with others who are facing significant difficulties can take a toll. Unless human service organisations actively support self-care, then sick days and staff turnover can escalate. With 50 beautifully-illustrated cards and 100 thought-provoking questions, this resource is designed to put self-care on the agenda in supervision, teams, planning, policies and procedures at work, and in our personal lives at home.
- Pick cards for common self-care challenges experienced in the ‘helping’ professions.
- Are any of these relevant for you right now? On a scale of 1—5, how you are doing with each?
- What have you done before that might help? What new thing could you try? Who could help?
- Create a self-care plan: Pick cards for where you would like to be heading and key aspects of the plan. What steps you could take today, tomorrow, next week?
- Which cards show things you would like your organisation/team/personal life to focus on more?