How to Reach and Teach Children with Challenging Behaviour
By: Kaye L. Otten and Jodie L. Tuttle
How to Reach and Teach Children with Challenging Behavior offers teachers classroom-proven approaches to help manage a wide variety of student behavior problems. Written by noted behavior specialists Kaye L. Otten and Jodie L. Tuttle, this practical resource is filled with useful guidelines, ready-to-use forms and worksheets, and teacher-tested tips.
This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide gives educators the information and confidence they need to create and implement an effective classroom-wide behavior management program and:
- Collect data and shape ongoing behavior instruction with the use of helpful worksheets and graphs
- Develop engaging lessons and activities that support and promote students' positive behavior
- Help children learn to self-regulate and manage their own emotions and anger
- Work productively and collaboratively with parents of behavior-challenged students
- Partner successfully with fellow educators, school counselors, and administrators to solve behavior problems in the classroom
This much-needed book outlines an efficient and effective intervention program that is based on research-backed approaches rooted in Positive Behavior Support (PBS) and Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA), the gold standards for classroom behavior management.