Magic happens with the right learning style
By: Innovative Resources
Sometimes learning can be magical. Sometimes the magic comes with bells and whistles. But perhaps, more often, the magic is in the mundane, ordinary, everyday events that we so easily take for granted. Everyday learning is magical because it can be so easily overlooked.
Sometimes Magic is a set of 33 colourful cards designed to sharpen our insights into how learning occurs through the eyes of the learner. We all have different learning styles. People learn and think in signficantly different ways depending on the individual’s social and physical contexts.
Yet there are times when different learning styles and their implications are overlooked. For teachers, social workers, mentors and leaders, Sometimes Magic is a great tool for unlocking the needs of learners and stimulating curiosity
As a strengths-based tool, Sometimes Magic is not a diagnostic tool that explores learning difficulties. It does not focus on problems, nor is it a panacea for our struggles with new learning. But Sometimes Magic can create powerful, optimistic conversations about how we, as individuals, learn and grow.
- What are your strengths as a learner
- Can you think of a learning experience that matches each of the Sometimes Magic cards?
- Which cards might you select to solve a disagreement?
- Which of the cards will guide your development of a training program?
- What learning strategies would you like to develop more?
- Can you use the cards to identify the learning styles of others in your team/class/workplace?
32 laminated, full-colour cards, 210 x 100mm
Presented in a polypropylene box with a 24-page booklet.