Parent's Quick Guide To Electronic Addiction
By: Jay Berk, Ph.D.
Cell phones, video games, and computers make our lives richer. Yet, they are also wreaking havoc on children and teens who are not able to use them in a healthy way, leading to problems at home, school, and in the community. Youth are escaping into an electronic world and missing valuable opportunities to develop skills required for successful relationships and adult careers.
- Why electronics are so addicting
- How to determine if your child has a problem with electronics
- Crucial social skills that can't be developed online and ways you can foster them
- Why kids with special needs are especially vulnerable
- Proven strategies for prevention and intervention of electronic addiction for children from preschool through college.