The Trauma Treasure Deck
110 Laminated, Full-Colour Cards
By: Dr Karen Treisman
Stock Available Mid-Late September 2022
Dr Karen Treisman has designed this versatile and colourful card deck of 110 cards enabling practitioners to support children, teens or adults who have experienced trauma, stress or adversity.
The cards are organized into four different types: sentence completion cards, survival response cards, signals/signs cards and different types of trauma cards. In combination, the cards provide you with a rich resource which enables you to:
- Increase understanding of the multi-layered impact of trauma, stress, and adversity - including common sensory, physical, emotional, cognitive and relational aspects.
- Deepen assessment and information-gathering
- Reflect on progress and the journey
- Inform goals and focus interventions
- Identify survival responses, feelings and experiences
- Use metaphors, analogies and symbols to support Find new ways to name, label or describe experiences or feelings
- Increase empathy, understanding and compassion
- Support reflection and curiosity
- Explore the wider lens of trauma - including cultural, intergenerational, medical, war trauma etc.
Developed to be inclusive of a variety of learning styles, abilities and language skills, the pack can be used with individuals, groups, teams and organizations. Accompanied by a comprehensive explanatory booklet, they will enable you to create assessments, psychoeducation and interventions which are playful, enriching and creative.
Written by Compass Presenter